Re: [microsound] can't teach an old aibo new tricks

I guess what I meant was this:

if  a sound of a bird is radically altered in Peak, then altered in a VST
host, then Kyma, then mixed in a max app, could a forensic audiologist take
the finished sound and "decode it" backwards? could the examination of
detail, including header info, but also wave shapes, reveal to an
experienced eye and ear (and computer program), a way to walk it back?

Obviously I mean to a point, not if the sample has been altered 100 times.

I am thinking of doing something with a famous speech. I would love it if
the result were decode-able or traceable so I wouldn't have to reveal the
source. Sort of a puzzle then.

ps phil - that ebay 8bit databent leather delays device looked really
great. are you one of the designers? that made some great mp3s..