Re: [microsound] playing laptop outdoors

on 10/13/03 22:46, leyton at leyton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hi,
>
> just played up the mountain over the weekend..and of course had
> forgotten how hard it can be to see the screen of a laptop outside.
> have used big hats/beach umbrellas in the past!...anybody have some
> interesting/useful tips on the subject.

Hello Leyton
I have solved the problem by training two St Bernards to hold large
umbrellas in the most useful spot and am now trying to deal with the
issue
of getting a long enough power supply lead to really test it out in the
field.

best
Patrick

www.gloriousninth.com

pat,

for that you will need:

1-a centric converter [any good bathroom supplier should have one]
2-two rolls of gaffer tape
3-14 AA batteries
4-tin foil to requirements
5- a very very very large rubberband