From: "Anya" <anyato@xxxxxxx>
To: <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:18 AM
Subject: [microsound] tiny synth module

Apologies for hardware question
(if hw doesn't interest you, please delete).

I'm looking for an extremely simple, light, and small synth module.
Basically, I'm looking for the lightest and smallest device you can attach
to a single keyboard controller or other MIDI controller to produce some
audible sound or sounds (ideally, including a sound that approximates piano)
out of one stereo headphone jack.

The closest thing I've found is a high-quality Yamaha unit that's probably
18 or 20 ounces with batteries. I really don't care about the quality of the
sounds, so if anyone knows of anything even smaller/lighter, I'd really
appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
Anya