Re: [microsound] tiny synth module

--0-378802215-1066825609=:40652

theres the korg qy700 (?) not sure which number exactly but they're pretty good and small, or you can convert a PDA into a device

or you could try this out...

http://uk.geocities.com/gorobshimura/midicucmber.html

Anya <anyato@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Apologies for hardware question
(if hw doesn't interest you, please delete).

I'm looking for an extremely simple, light, and small synth module. Basically, I'm looking for the lightest and smallest device you can attach to a single keyboard controller or other MIDI controller to produce some audible sound or sounds (ideally, including a sound that approximates piano) out of one stereo headphone jack.

The closest thing I've found is a high-quality Yamaha unit that's probably 18 or 20 ounces with batteries. I really don't care about the quality of the sounds, so if anyone knows of anything even smaller/lighter, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
Anya