Re: [microsound] idea: touring laptop musicians forum redux

aren't we all just experimenting?

how many of you start out with sound "x" in your head and
end up with a 100% accurate translation?

I try not to limit myself to something that would be
considered anything but experimental, in fear of putting
limits on the creative process.

this trancends the musical genre, whatever it may be that
i'm working on

> > >     - not meant for DJ's/clubs since this list
> would be set up to focus
> >on
> > > experimental/abstract gallery/festival oriented
> electronic music

what if i use a laptop and a DJ set up to do abstract
gallery music that isn't experimental (because
experiments are for the home and lab) but is rock
festival oriented?

do i qualitfy or should i pretend i'm experimenting?

?Of course, like all composers who have something new
to say, I experiment, and have always experimented.
But when I finally present a work it is not an
experiment?it is a finished product. My experiments go
into the wastepaper basket.?
Varese

=====

hans