Re: [microsound] inter application audio (os x): JACK

wakefield,

>I've already used Jack with Cubase, Live, Peak, MaxMSP, Audacity, SoundHack,
>Melodyne, even iTunes etc. etc. The only thing that didn't work was
>Dekstacy, which I think is because it bypasses coreaudio in some ways to
>enable multiple simultaneous soundcard outs.

i stand corrected and amazed. i really thought support had to be
compiled in. thanks for the support and info. have to confess that
before OSX [and its terminal window in particular], i wouldn't even look
sideways at a Mac. now they seem almost usable! ;-)

would be nice to see some info on the Jack site about compiling for OSX.
right now, almost all infos are Linux-related [i.e. requires >2.4.18
kernel, etc etc.] is there a good reference page i could show Mac folks?
also, check out qjackctl for a great GUI tool for controlling Jack. i
imagine that you would need an X server running on your Mac, but after
that, it is just a wrapper for the command lines that start and stop
Jack with optional arguments, and also provides the 'patchbay' for
connecting apps. [but you probably know this already...]

rock on!
d.