Headphones recommended.

12am - 1am Sunday nights
(1pm - 3pm Sunday afternoon GMT)

102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

presented by Simon Hampson

Hi Everyone,

Sorry no mail last week - was sorting out server problems.

I hope this Symbiosis mail finds you all well. The craziness of Cup Day and
all the associated horse races has passed but Melbourne remains in the grip
of the Rugby World Cup. Sunday evening started with 'The Matrix Revolutions'
for me... I will reserve comment for a few weeks... Saw Christmas
Decorations for the first time the other day - was a bit freaked out by
that! Also, due to the server problems most of you would have missed my last
mail - I made a request for labels interested in profiles on the show to
contact me... hoping to run some from early next year. I am also interested
in receiving more field recordings and contact from net-only labels too...

This week, I featured a number of tracks from the Phonography.org
compilations which I got from the wonderful Dale @ and/Oar
(http://www.and-oar.org/). Also got to the new Rachel's cd,
'systems/layers' - a beautiful exploration of field recordings and
orchestral arrangement. I also revisited the Vladislav Delay release on
Sigma Editions and Mike Martinez's excellent 'Electric Birds' cd on Mille
Plateaux.

OT: Finally picked up the Japanese edition of the 'Ghost Dog' soundtrack
last week... RZA in much better form than his recent live shows in
melbourne. Speaking of shows.. Public Enemy, Kool Keith and Monolake are
passing through town in December! Lookin forward to those shows...

This Sunday Jet Jaguar will be joining me in the studio for a live set and a
chat.

Thank you as always to Synaesthesia records (http://www.synrecords.com/) for
their generous loaning of cds.

Triple R are relocating next year - find out more at http://www.rrr.org.au/