RE: [microsound] [OT?] ate seconds

The link to folk is one that I think is interesting. Music being something of
and for a specific group of people or community, often seen by others as
bizzare or of little worth.
I also think that the punk reference is an interesting one. There seems to be
a similarity in the way that 'scenes' function as they would within a punk
scene (I'm not so sure about D.C but I think this is true of the scene around
Leeds and the north of england). Also independant and DIY style labels, cdrs
and free music in the form of mp3s, or whatever, seems ethically similar to
much of the music released within punk circles.

http://www.altho.org