RE: [microsound] [OT?] ate seconds

yeah, i see the link to folk as well.
bringing up the similarity in how 'scenes' function is an interesting
point, at least to me. i'm sort of facinated with how what people refer
popularly to as Culture is really made up of smaller interconnected and
imprmanent cultures. i guess my assumption is that these smaller cultures
arise out of shared needs and as the need changes or is met, the culture
changes. like how 'punk' has gone through so many permutations since the
word first appeared. microcultures.
and on a macro level things like the Fall of the Roman Empire. it didn't
fall, or dissapear, it just changed as needs changed to the point where it
became unrecognizeable as The Roman Empire.......
just a macro-example of what i'm thinking.

what shared needs does microsound culture arise from?
i don't know, your reference to folk plus the idea of 'scenes' having some
kind of underlying structural similarity made me think to ask.
like, what village is microsound the folk music of?
obviously it is trans-geographic..........and people are drawn to it,
rather than finding themselves born into it.........and also there is a
certian kind of intrest or phylosophy of asthetic that is also shared.
i don't know, my minds just wandering with the idea.
Dominc