[microsound] Tony Conrad's The Flicker

Hi,

I just saw Tony Conrad's experimental film The Flicker, and was interested if anyone knew how the sound was made. I wonder if this has been discussed before?

For those who don't know, it's a film made up entirely of black and white frames in various strobe patterns which can potentially cause epileptic seizures (didn't happen in the screening I was at, but several people had to leave). The sound seems like it might be using pulse generators...it sounds analogous to the visual strobe effect.

I found an mp3 of the sound here:
http://www.ubu.com/sound/conrad.html

I highly recommend it.

thanks,Phil Curtis