Re: [microsound] microsound holiday shopping/gift guide

Here's my shopping/gift guide:

CD Any Gagaku cd. (cheap - moderate)
(Gagaku is ancient Japanese ceremonial music. Wind instruments and percussion, very slow and incredibly erotic.
Btw...... I just read that there is SUNG Gagaku music. Does anybody know about a recording of sung Gagaku? Please write to me if you have any info about it. Thanks!)

CD    A new CD-R. (cheap)
(A subtle message "Go, make your own music" :-))

Books    John Cage, Musicage. (moderate)
(Cage interviewed by Joan  Retallack. Very interesting beautiful book!)

Books    Bob Katz, Mastering Audio (moderate)
(Is on my own wishlist)

Books    Iannis Xenakis, Formalized Music (moderate)
(I am reading it............ If you're serious you must read it :-))

Books    Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha (cheap)
(Probably the most beautiful novel I have ever read.)

Misc.    A back massage (price category depends on who gives it)
I could really need one now...........

maru

--
chmafu nocords - www.nocords.net