[microsound] Micro-publics

Pardon me, but is this 'Ziggy'?

just doing some homework, sorry

c.

From: "Ant Weiss" <antonv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'microsound'" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [microsound] Micro-publics
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:16:17 +0200

Hey, phil, first of all, please, please don't shut centibel down - it's
a charming little lable supplying high quality musics, and my centibel
release happens to be one of my favourite works up until now :)

Concerning changing my work to increase its impact, this happened to me
in my rock-band past, when we took the music and the symbolics to
extremes, causing minor social panic by usign totalitarian esthetics and
political declarations. Not sure if this is a path you'll want to follow
:) And it's not so easy to cause scandal by declaring things on a
website - after all there are too many outrageous websites out there.

The strength to carry on? Well, whenever I have music in me,  it just
comes out, and really I don't feel any despair even if it never gets
heard - there's always more to create, and maybe one day people will
come up to me on the street to tell me how wonderful my music is. Or
maybe not. It doesn't matter all that much. What matters is that through
music I get to know new wonderful people and I get to know myself
better.

And in fact right now I am working on a more-or-less mainstream pop
project, because I'd like to make something which can be on the radio,
but that's not cause I'm frustrated by lack of response to my
experimental work, I just want to try something different.

SO maybe you can transform centibel into something different, if it
doesn't satisfy you the way it is?

Best.

Ant