[microsound] Space sound reply

Regarding the interest in space sounds:

Check out my radio astronomy work at           www.heliotown.com
Navigate to the Sky & Culture Pavilion section

I mostly have Jupiter/Io specimens there now in stereo.  There is also some
Sun stuff....and also a 50 MHz recording of one of the largest solar flare
shock fronts at

          http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/hotshots/X17/
         Listen with headphones at high volume if you can.

I haven't had time to further work with these recordings lately. They are
mostly aimed at a space science audience. It bugs me that I have to process
these specimens from 44.1k/16bit to 8 bits to make smaller file sizes for
web practicality. This reduces dynamism appreciably.

I believe that there are qualities in the raw extraterrestrial waveforms
like plasma oscillations, synchrotron radiation that have the potential to
alter one's neural state. I don't have time to write more now but. hope to
later.

In a previous round of postings to the microsound list about these things
someone mentioned that "there isn't much musicality" to the specimens.
Well, this is the raw stuff...direct and non-artificial.  But I sense that
micro-sounders ( with headphones) can get into the intricasies of the
waveforms.

Also there are some "musics" there somewhere on my site.
http://www.heliotown.com/Music_Playlist.html        "Time Dilation
Experiments" may fall in the genre of microsound.   And other stuff.

Thomas Ashcraft