Re: [microsound] how to fight computer noise..?

What is disturbing about it for you? Is it problematic in recording or in listening to what you have done? If it is an issue of recording (i.e. the mic picking up computer hum while you are recording sounds onto your computer, an issue indeed), I would suggest learning how to use noise reduction software and use it well. You can let the mic just record a second or two of the pc hum and then use that snippet to make a noise profile. Then later you can get the hum out with noise reduction, and just be left with the sounds you recorded. If you are doing stuff just on your pc (i.e. it's all computer generated work), then there should be no problems with recording that sound. If it is an issue of listening to your own quiet sounds (or anyone else's for that matter), headphones really are your best bet. That's how I always dealt with that problem, and it's a good idea to work and edit in headphones anyway with quieter stuff unless you have just the most amazing speakers in the world that are designed by that alien super computer that everyone here keeps talking about (a being I am already in contact with by the way, but it's hard to get that sucker to give up it's speakers).

Greg