Re: [microsound] "Post-Digital"

trimming everything from the following post

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 14:17, philthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

speaking of "post" - I have encountered this problem with describing many types of work I have come across or done or participated in or whatever in the last two or three years. our vocabulary for description is running into problems of "actual" clarity, which requires of language to become more abstract, more poetic.

generally: we can "describe" whatever "microsound" is / in relation to _this_ list / in words exchanged from music, digitalia, derrida / and are writing or speaking circles around and through the work we see and hear

the possibility of "concreteness" in discourse?

(how to answer the question "what kind of music is this?" in "real" words?)

in this way, the entire scope of our media is continually being generated, not only in the media/music/art itself, but in our discourse and the moment of speech/writing, in "concrete" forms (recordable media, typed language) becoming ephemeral through evolving discourse and a sort of "indescribable" between language and experience.

(phew.  enough.)

b.