[microsound] OT - Otl Aicher

hello microsound.

I got to see a nice exhibit of posters by Otl Aicher last night at the Gothe Institutie in Washington DC, the posters where from the 1972 olympics in germany, very impressive work to see, yes indeed. Stunning color palatte and even more mind numbbing to think of building those works in a pre-digital era, the texture in those posters up close is so amazing, reminds me of what I look for when listening/making my textural form of lowerbrow-microsound music.

Anyhow, not everyone will care about this post, but thought some of you might, even though you might not be in the DC area, Aicher's work is worth investigating, his influence is very strong in todays world, the guy is credited with inventing pictograms.

Scott "graphic design history" Allison

Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418