Re: [microsound] [ot] Derrida

on 1/15/04 11:52 PM, Trace Reddell at treddell@xxxxxx wrote:

> [...]

 Yes. That sounds right. I did write'confronting' , didn't I?

> Derrida is so playful, and open to the multiverse of human experience and
> being. I've never understood how he came to be associated with such a dire and
> dour cycle of inward, self-consuming literary crit. He's one of the most
> life-affirming litcrit writers/activists I've ever encountered. And the most
> microsonic. "Plato's Pharmacy" is one of the top 5 microsound works ever
> written. Talk about sample-based granular literary synthesis!

  I don't know'Plato's Pharmacy'. Is it by Derrida? Is it a book?Is it a
minidisc?

  You see, I wasn't writing about Derrida exactly, more about something
rather obvious in music which helped me get an idea of what deconstruction
might be...or could be.I read Derrida ('Epitaphs', at least) later.I did
find it really life affirming ; super life-affirming, actually.

> -=t

                      (Bill)