Re: [microsound] [ot] Derrida

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Jarboe" <billjarboe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Many great tunes start as deconstructions.

I would interpret Derrida to say that ALL great tunes start as
deconstructions. I get neither the sense of "death-bed" anxiety as an impetus
for deconstruction nor a sense of the "loser". Rather, the action of
deconstruction is what any living organism DOES in order to exist in its
environment. Lefebvre writes that a living organism has neither meaning nor
existence when considered in isolation from its extensions and from the space
that it reaches and produces. All organisms are reflected and refracted (that
is, deconstructed) in the changes that they wreak on their environment or
ambience.

Derrida is so playful, and open to the multiverse of human experience and
being. I've never understood how he came to be associated with such a dire and
dour cycle of inward, self-consuming literary crit. He's one of the most
life-affirming litcrit writers/activists I've ever encountered. And the most
microsonic. "Plato's Pharmacy" is one of the top 5 microsound works ever
written. Talk about sample-based granular literary synthesis!

-=t