RE: [microsound] microsound kiosk

here, here

almost everyday i think about removing myself from the list.  i know even
originally i wasn't a day to day contributor, but now i find it rare that an
email doesn't get an immediate delete.  87% of the people sending on this
list do not seem to know  when it would be appropriate to reply off list.  i
see simple related but still non-list topic questions as no problem what so
ever but the continuous barrage of answers is.  evil begets evil and now
it's just non stop non topic.  i joined the list awhile ago after reading
the "parameters" set by our founding fathers and i was not immediately
disappointed but since then i have had to watch it degrade.  even in the
face of repeated requests our huddled masses have ignored the rules and
continued to dwell on arguments of petty semantics, particular software
queries, hardware issues and free riders trying to make some money off of
our interests.  i get enough of this in my daily american life and this was
not why i joined.  now if all of these back and forth off topic replies
where handled off list, then the brabble would be less and some of us
wouldn't mind reading our daily nutritional allotment instead of just
groaning through it like brussel sprouts.

ironically, i see that those topics that remain on topic are those strains
that quarrel over semantics the most; tragically i see this downward climb
started with a small blurp in an article in the wire.

hey let go my ego,

steven