[microsound] supercalifragilisticexpialidocious BiP_HOp news

Hello
Hope you are well, enjoyed a nice x-mas. First allow us to wish you a
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious New year.

Over here we finished 2003 in a very pleasant way with James Taylor/Swayzak gracing
us with a very subtle 2 hour + DJ set. During our BiP_HOp Generation live radio
transmission # 3.
2004 started nicely with BiP_HOp Generation night # 51 last Fiday in Tours :
Si-cut.db + BitTonic.+ yours truly. Nice venue, great hosts.

Lucky among you living in Paris will be able to attend our Electronautes festival
next month (see line up below) and get a free compilation CD documenting it, songs by

dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx, RADIO MENTALE,  KOMET, BERN, TONNE , SI-CUT.DB, KOMET + TONNE,
JOHAN SKUGGE, SARAH GOLDFARB, TWINE, WANG INC.
+ 1 Quicktime  Vidéos by OBTIC (music by Si-cut.db)
you will be able to download MP3 free there :
www.batofar.net
www.fluctuat.net

At long last we are finalising two new releases :

BiP_HOp Generation [v.7] [bleep 24]
Minimal moves for listening pleasures... Almost 80 minutes of exclusive music by :
Taylor Deupree (us), Emisor (ar), Fonica (jp), Fm3 (cn), Ghislain Poirier (ca), Janek
Schaefer [uk]

David Toop & Max Eastley : doll creature [bleep 25]
third album in thirty years from those masters of ambient music... An historical
piece of sound-design that we are proud to issue.

For those of you willing to get some radio vibes...

BBC national Radio One had a One World show special on BiP_HOp : 2 hour of music and
interviews with Philippe Petit and Douglas Benford (about Sprawl etc) + a short DJ
set by ip@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Archive:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/urban/oneworld/jackplanck_biphop.shtml

Dutch National Radio 4 had a 2 hour special program about the label and interviews
with Philippe Petit and Greg Malcom (Twine) conducted by Arno Peeters.
dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx did a mix  up there?
It might be archived there :
www.omroep.nl/nps/supplement

Novel 23 is getting very positive reviews, feedback from IDM melodica spheres. Novel
23 will play Abracadabra festival in Moscow, January 31, with Hrvatski, Donna Summer
and Solar X.

Fällt and BiP_HOp Reciprocess 2 featuring Stephan Mathieu and Si-cut.db is doing
fine, everyone seems to be enthusiastic about it. Our third installment is now
recorded so  forthcoming [reciprocess : +/vs.] vol. 3 : Andrew Duke +/vs. I8U, both
from Canada.
Andrew duke is working on a second album for Bip-Hop to be called "Remembering Jason
Trenholm" that will have a bonus disc of remixes from "Sprung".

Most of our other BiP_Hoppers pals will be busy as bees?
Here are scoops :

Tonne will have a soundtoy featured on the Mute Records website

David Toop will play  January 15, 16 - for Espace Odyssee exposition at Cite De La
Musique, Paris.

Angel (ilpo vaisänen + schneider tm) will play transmediale in berlin at maria on
05.02.04 and record a new album sometime in 2004.
after a quite massive and successfull world-tour in 2002/2003 schneider tm will play
their last show before a long live-break also at transmediale on 03.02.04 at maria.

Pan/Tone :
Canadian anti-hero is tackling his USA/Japan tour (Strange Brew Tour) beginning in
February and ending in March. Then he'll be coming back to Europe? We'll be working
on a German mini tour?
Anyone interested in booking should contact us or HIM
pantone@xxxxxxxxxx

si-cut.db
his long awaited album on Dällt is coming out this month, Douglas is completing
another full-length for BiP_HOp and has been submitting some more 4/4 oriented tracks
to BackGround.

19. 01. 04 will see a 60 minute radio show of Si-cut.db favourite choices, to be
featured on the LOUD!Xplosion, Radio OndeFurlane, Udine, north-east Italy.
http://space.tin.it/musica/cdeison

BitTonic + Si-cut.db will collaborate at Les Voutes (http://www.lesvoutes.org) late
january, alongside AGF, Kaffe Matthews and others.

For Sprawl events see
http://www.dfuse.com/sprawl/

An interesting interview with Douglas Benford
http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/interviews/index.html

dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + BiP_HOp Generation nights

16. 01. 04 The State Of Musik a night of excovermental Sound & Image
De Veemvloer, Amsterdam  //  http://www.headroom.nl
Nanospeed + Goem  + IP@xxxxxxxxxx + Dominik Baier + Nimrodpower
Video: Vdeotroopers + Mobile Units

17. 01. 04
Nieuwe Wide - Haarlem
Twilight Circus + Spon G + Nimrodpower + ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

23. 01. 04. NETMAGE 04 international festival
Bologna - Venue : Cassero
Rechenzentrum + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx
Also playing Netmage other days/venues : Tonne, Wang Inc., Scanner, the User, Radian,
Kim Cascone, z.e.l.l.e., Richard Chartier, Thomas Koner, Mou, Lips!?
www.netmage.it

24. 01. 04. NETMAGE 04 international festival
Bologna - Venue : Sala Borsa - Workshop
Philippe Petit introduces BiP_HOp
Tonne presents his "Soundtoys" software

31. 01. 04 Sabotage night
La Vapeur - Dijon
Laurent Garnier  + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + Olivier Kayser / Xavier Sabotage

11. 02. 04. BiP_HOp Generation night # 52
Electronaute festival celebrating 5 years of Batofar / Paris
LIVE : Ilpo Vaisänen + Kids Triangle
DJing = Radio Mentale + ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + Kid 666 + Hervé Lucien + Wang Inc.
Vjing : SAUL (Italie)

12. 02. 04. BiP_HOp Generation  night # 53
Electronaute festival celebrating 5 years of Batofar / Paris
LIVE : Toxic Girls All Stars + RA
DJing = Relja Bobic + Reiko Underwater + JC/dc + ip@xxxxxxxxxxx
VJing : PHASE 4

13. 02. 04. BiP_HOp Generation  night # 54
Electronaute festival celebrating 5 years of Batofar / Paris
LIVE : Komet + Sarah Goldfarb  + Tonne + Wang Inc.  + Komet & Tonne
DJing = Greg Malcom + ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + low.ran  + Bern
VJing : PHASE 4 + OBTIC

14. 02. 04 BiP_HOp Generation  night # 55
Electronaute festival celebrating 5 years of Batofar / Paris
LIVE : Twine + Si-cut.db + Bern + Johan Skugge
DJing = ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + low.ran  + Jean-Vince
VJing : PHASE 4 + OBTIC

24. 02. 04 BiP_HOp Generation  night # 56
during Travelling Cinema festival - Rennes
DJing = ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + low.ran
VJing : PHASE 4

25. 02. 04 BiP_HOp Generation  night # 57
during Travelling Cinema festival - Rennes
DJing = ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + low.ran
VJing : PHASE 4

TWINE / Phase 4  :
Escape from the Empire Tour

30. 01. 04 Distronics Festival
Eindhoven, NL
Twine/Phase4 + The Electronic Hammer + Plaid + Rephlex Disco Assault System [DJ
Cylob/Kevin Martin, alias The Bug/DMX-crew plus: DJ Onanon]

31. 01. 04 NIeuwe Vide Gallery
Haarlem, NL
Twine/Phase4 + Nimrod Power + Nopan : Dirty D + Videotroopers

01. 02. 04 NIeuwe Vide Gallery
Haarlem, NL EU
Twine/Phase4 + Legowelt + Kassen + Nimrod Power + Nopan + Dirty D + Videotroopers

02. 02. 04 Kraak3 show
Ghent, BE
Twine/Phase4 + Others TBA

05. 02. 04
Venue TBA
New Castle, UK
Festival Featuring: Twine/Phase4 : Others TBA

07. 02. 04 Glasgow, Miso
Twine/Phase4 + Others TBA

09. 02. 04 Aberdeen, UK
Twine/Phase4 + Others TBA

10. 02. 04 Stokes on Trent, UK
Twine/Phase4 + Others TBA

11. 02. 04 Sprawl event
London, UK
Twine/Phase4 + Quartet Elektronische + John Chantler

13/14. 02. 04 Batofar / Paris, see above full line up

20. 02. 04  Johns Hopkins U/Mattin Media Ctr
Baltimore, MD USA
Once.Twice.Sound Present: Twine + Monolake + Sawako

Spaceheads will play at the ?Lille 2004 celebration? in Arras at the Arras City
Theater
On friday 12 and Saturday 13 March. The show is called Scene partagee, features
spaceheads collaborations with Pierre Bastien and Tall Dwarfs.

Thanx for reading and 2004 Best wishes
Ip

| 0000 \\\\.. \\\\ __  http://www.bip-hop.com  _---| 0000 \\\\..\\\\
contemporary electronic musics challenging the ears and the mind