Re: [microsound] free mp3 hosting sites?

I'm not sure, but if you can't find any good sites you could always use
bittorrent:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/introduction.html

With bittorrent, you can share your files efficiently by creating
torrent files which you can put on a website.  When people download your
file they also share it, forming a peer to peer network.

Obviously the files need to be kept somewhere so other peers can
download them and subsequently share them, normally broadband is good
enough for this.

Maybe some list members with broadband could get together and seed files
to create their own free mp3 'hosting' network?  I could easily set up a
tracker to host torrent files, if anyone's interested.

--
http://alex.bash.sh