[microsound] symbiosis play list - 28/12/03

Symbiosis

"Sound Textures"
Headphones recommended

12am - 2am Sunday nights
(1pm - 3pm Sunday afternoon GMT)

102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/

Symbiosis
c/o Triple R
PO Box 304
Fitzroy, VIC  3068
Australia

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

presented by Simon Hampson

Hi Everyone,

First mail out in over a month.. December has flown by and now Melbourne is
feeling the post-xmas lull/ny recovery. It's the first time in 4 years that
I've actually had holiday time over the silly season and it's certainly been
nice to slow down (sic:).

Last week's show was a mix of new and old... Not so much a 'best of' as a
wrap-up of a year of varied delights and first steps. 2003 was a year of
personal upheaval and change but I feel like the show has grown and matured
for the better. It's just over a year since Triple R welcomed Symbiosis to
the grid and I think things are beginning to stabilise.. I hope 2004 will
bring some projects to fruition that have been in the wings for a while.

I want to extend my thanks to all who have helped and supported throughout
2003... Mark Harwood & all at Synaesthesia (http://www.synrecords.com),
Triple R staff & volunteers, and of course all the listeners who have been
so kind with their feedback...

Tonight: Andrew Khedoori from Preservation chats about the 'Motion: Movement
in Australian Sound' compilation and what the label has in store for 2004

Got a lot of things planned for 2004... Upcoming features/interviews
include:

11th Jan: A look at Clatterbox (www.clatterbox.net.au).... a new Australian
site that focuses on experimental instrument building
Late Jan/Early Feb - What is Music? Festival features/interviews.. see
www.whatismusic.com for more

In late March I will be starting a series on various labels from around the
world with a special section on online-only labels.. if you are interested
in taking part I am collating entries now (will be making contact early
Jan). Email me: simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last but not least... The great news is that Triple R have bought a new
building and will be locating next year - find out more at
http://www.rrr.org.au/

Best wishes for the New Year,

Simon.

Show Date:  28/12/03

Artist / Track / Album / Label

Nanaqui / 6' 25" / Praeface / Praemedia

Fredrico Monti / hermano / Partition / Biodata
(online only release)

Terre Thaemlitz / welcome / Lovebomb / Mille Plateaux

Hydatid / negative space / Awash With Even / self released

Opiate / insert / While You Were Sleeping / April

Tim Perkis /  code / Motive / Praemedia

Tim Hecker / 7000 miles / Radio Amor / Mille Plateaux

Peter Blamey / alike / Motion: Movement In Australian Sound / Preservation

Mika Vainio / he was a sound sometimes / In the Land of the Blind One-Eyed
is King / Touch

Omnid / careless with a cigarette / (web-only release) / Stasisfield
(online only release)

Will Guthrie / westspace / Building Blocks / Antboy

Quiet American / hush / Vox Americana / (online)

Electric Birds / cyclist / Gradations / Mille Plateaux

Vs_Price / palm / <calin>minette_ / Expanding Records

Pita / iida denki / Get Down / Mego

Alejandra & Aeron / empire 01 / Empire / Fallt
(online exclusive)

Keith Fullerton Whitman / modena / Playthroughs / Kranky

Rechenzentrum / bleichbaduberbruckung & nelson reshoot / Director's Cut /
Mille Plateaux

Murcof / Unison / Martes / Leaf

Phonem / war by other means / ilisu / Morr Music