Re: [microsound] re: playing the no-input mixing board (was: Cremaster?)

i don't know the history of the use of this process either.... but i
was doing this with a cassette deck (feedback loops with left and right
MIC/Line inputs outputs, y-jacks and headphone jacks to create all
manner of clicks wails screams and gutteral noise farts in 1978 in my
bedroom at my moms house.

On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, at 05:46 AM, ndk wrote:

>> does anybody have some more info on "no-input mixing board"s?
>
> Never traced the history but it's pretty much exactly that. Got a '96
> album by a Japanese sort of avant-dub band Asteroid Desert Songs with a
> track done that way.

CommTom
Communications of Tomorrow
"it's only a day away"

unique electronic music for the adventurous ear.

http://www.commtom.com