[microsound] open source workshops

I am conducting a series of workshops this spring that deal with creating
new work using open source content. In this workshop I will attempt to
develop some ideas I had at the 'ram4 workshop' in Helsinki...the workshop
members will determine projects which are to be worked on in small
workgroups...workshop members interested in making music will make music;
those interested in making digital movies will make movies, etc...various
media will be explored: text, video, music, graphics via the use of open
source materials...the idea is to build on past work and the goal is to
produce an evening's worth of material for some sort of event.

So with this in mind: I am in need of either online references for open
source material or open source materials created by list members (.mov's,
..avi's, jpg's, .gif's, .aiff's, .wav's, rtf's, or whatever).

If you chose to contribute actual content to this project you will need to
select one of the Creative Commons licenses <http://creativecommons.org/>
to determine how you want your content treated.

I will create a folder on the Microsound Hotline server called 'OSWorkshop
drop box' where you can dump your materials... please upload the content you
would like to contribute in a folder along with a Creative Commons logo
(found at the website listed above) specifying what sort of license you a
granting the user as well as a text file with your name and email address.
Also, let's stick to the usual filename convention so we don't run into
trouble.

let me know off-list when (and what) you have contributed so I can start
collecting it for my workshop...

also, if you need a Hotline password let me know as I am now assigning them
again.

thanks in advance!
KIM