RE: [microsound] DJ's: human jukeboxes?

I think it might all be about perceptions and biasses...after all the government seems to think electronic music venues are just spots to traffic narcotics. My parents don't take my music seriously. I think one must take into account the changing deffinition of dj. To many of these people the Dj was the one who changed the record and announced the celebrity birthdays on the local a.m. station. They see a guy who changes the records (the guy who was cheaper to book than the band for their wedding), not an artist, and when the dj spins tracks that aren't his, it isn't art it's theft.

Is it too much of a stretch to think that some from the same mind-set actually work for the riaa and that they do see the dj as a human jukebox.

High-speed users?be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1