Re: [microsound] us laws has it all

"tomoroh hidari" <hidari@xxxxxxx> writes:

>   i'd say quite the opposite is true... if people see no chance in
> securing the profits from their work, they will stop producing it,
> thus "progress" will slow down.

I'd say that when there is not much profit in such and such field it
will not be saturated by those who are in it just to make $.  Those
who have something to say will do so anyways regardless of financial
rewards.

>   also about this whole debate: it is a nice thing to give art and
> knowledge and all away for free. it's just not possible most of the
> time, as production of these things has to be financed as well...

I don't know who's talking about "giving away for free."  Choosing a
license for your work, even a liberal one, does not imply that you
should not be paid.  It's about freedom.

../MiS