From: john saylor [mailto:js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:32 PM
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [microsound] ideal copyright

hi

we all have our ideas about intellectual property, creative commons,
fair use and so on. here's a question:

if you could write the copyright legislation, what would it say?

i'd say 5 years and then into the public domain. if it's about artists
instead of corporate assets, that's about as far as it goes. they need
to keep producing!

i'm sure not everyone agrees with me.

--