Re: [microsound] mix cd's pt 2

> protecting your IP is good (FYI: Silent vigorously protected their
> trademark/logo -- we had to by law) but working as a community (i.e.,
> sharing) can open up new ways of doing business/co-evolving through
> cooperation...rather they made enemies of us and alienated a potential
> promotional ally...

agreed. as long as no presumptions/shortcuts are made and everyone has given
consent, which seems to more or less be your point.

i guess i'm sensitive to the semantics of the issue because i've been misled
or downright screwed by failing to heed such semantical
nitpicking...believed in the spirit of an idea only to be screwed by the
legalese once any $ becomes involved.