Re: [microsound] downhill battle

I don't think you understand. I'm talking about really giving it away for
free, not just distributing it for free.

I was talking about distributing it for free while retaining some control over the content. Giving it away forever is easy, just put it into the public domain and you've effectively given it to everyone. You take steps to control the content in order to preserve what you wanted it to be about.

I'd be very angry if Bush decided one of my songs was going to be used in an election ad. I'd be pissed. I realize that would never happen, but you get the point.

Oh yes, and the sampling licenses are awesome, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Although a DJ specific license would be helpful to clear things up as well.

Rob