Re: [microsound] white middle class music

I've found that whenever I share more non-mainstream (I have a little bit of
everything) stuff like The Conet Project or avantgarde recordings there are
always a ton of people trying to access this. I really wish I had better
bandwidth so that more of them could experience more experimental music but
sooner or later I always have to shut down.
The sources for my music is, because of availability where I live and the
money I get right now, not music stores but closed places on the net where
people share these collections. All of them have once been open but the
pressure always seems to build up too high for them to keep it that way.
This is the problem. Many are interested but the sources are few.

Also... With avantgarde music it's often a bit dissapointing to only have
the mp3's since the release often come with great artwork and sometimes
detailed explanation about the work - which is almost essential for
"understanding" the deeper meanings of a piece, as you all know from the
themes here at microsound. Would I ever come across a recording like this in
the small town where I live I would probably jump over it, but that will
probably not happen as long as commercial interest drives towards getting
the biggest profits as fast as possible.

Well, I guess that's what came to mind... Interesting subject anyway.

Joakim