[microsound] white middle class music

> there is not much freedom of choice either. what you can find on the p2p ne=
> tworks is mostly only stuff that interest white middle-class youth in the U=
> S and maybe europe. the ones that get their bandwidth usage paid by mom and=
> dad. I tried finding even the most interesting artists from a selection of=
> countries around the world and they are just not available.=20

% I would have to disagree somewhat with this comment...while the 'digital
divide' .possibly. privileges white middle class kids - brandishing
computers and internet connections paid for by mom and dad - there is also a
lot of non-white music (music made by musicians who are not white) to be
found...so while it might be mostly white kids who are file trading (which I
am not so sure of) there is a wealth of diverse musical styles to be found
via p2p...