RE: [microsound] (OT) sampling

The old classic dictaphone in the bathroom at a party?

-----Original Message-----
From: Auralbeeste@xxxxxxx [mailto:Auralbeeste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 March 2004 17:11
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [microsound] (OT) sampling

Anyone got any suggestions for getting random people and friends to talk
into
a mic about random stuff for further editing. Point a mic at friends and
they
go all affected and gothic on you, or try to say things of great
significance
that they think you might want to sample. The only  one I have found useable
was a friend paralytically drunk talking about going down the offy , buying
beer and laughing. Do I have to get everyone pissed? I always find the best
samples are the ones I can chop up a phrase or word at a time, so the more
everyday bland remarks are far more useable. advice on collecting technique
appreciated.