Re: [microsound] Linux on Mac

On Mon, Mar 08, derek holzer wrote:
> Hello Jochen, hello .microsound,

hiya, derek, all..

just to add to this, i succesfully installed Debian GNU/Linux on an
white iBook2 three weeks ago. at the moments most of things work, sound,
burning, hey, even the famous suspend, which enables user of the laptop
to not boot the machine at all. ever. :)) it's still a dual boot with
panther on the other side, but as everything needed is on the linux
side, it is now almost forgotten. the only 'big' drawback about linux on
powerpc is flash. it's almost impossible to get it working. macromedia
doesn't care, the 'free' swf project is very much behind version 6 of
flash, not to mention version 7 and shockwave. one of the very good
resources was ppckernel.org.

sorry for adding to OT threads.

love, luka

--
luka princic < nova at skylined.org > sonic artitecture
gpg: 8E52 EBF8 D143 3C8B 4353  DA79 96EE 0CD0 28F1 A432

-
+