[microsound] RICHARD CHARTIER > 04.2004 > new releases > upcoming events

hello to all of you,
this is the april installment of the RICHARD CHARTIER update....
i should have be wary of the ides of march....

april showers bring may flowers.. i hope....

> NEW/RECENT RELEASES

 > CD OUT NOW. Overview [ 3particles, US ]
 > CD OUT NOW. Archival1991 [ Crouton Music ]
 > CD OUT NOW! . William Basinski + Richard Chartier [ Spekk, Japan ]
 > mini CDROM OUT NOW!. 00:dedaih [ Synchron, Switzerland ] with
Steinbruchel, Stephan Mathieu, Frank Bretschnieder, Richard Chartier

a limited number of signed copies of these releases are now available
through via the 3particles pay pal shop:
http://www.3particles.com/paypal

> UPCOMING EVENTS

 > LIVE . Music Research Centre, York University [ York, UK ] April 30,
2004
                http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/musicresearch
 > LIVE . MUTEK "Chessmachine" collaborative work with COH
	      video by Dmitry Gelfand & Evelina Domnitch [ Montreal, Canada ]
June 2, 2004
                http://www.mutek.ca
 > LIVE . Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art [ LA, California ] June
24, 2004
                in conjunction with the exhibit "A MINIMAL FUTURE? ART
AS OBJECT 1958-1968"

 > ARTIST RESIDENCY . MRC/Music Research Centre (with Mark Fell (SND)) [
York University, UK ] late April 2004
    http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/musicresearch

> UPCOMING RELEASES

 > 2x12" . 1.8 compilation. The compilation will be 2x12" records with 4
tracks, 8 artists on each. Each artist has contributed a 1.8 second
sound file to be a lock groove. Each work ends with another artists'
lockgroove. Includes tracks by Richard Chartier, Tim Hecker, Mitchell
Akiyama, Duul_Drv, Taylor Deupree, Kim Cascone, 3x3is9, Roel Meelkop.
April 2004

 > CD . Performance  [ Trente Oiseaux ] Fall 2004. Live performance
recording from 2003/2004.

 > LP . Retrieval  [ ERS, The Netherlands ] 2004

 > CD . Chessmachine [ TBA ] 2004. CHESSMACHINE is a collaborative art
project conceived by Richard Chartier (USA) and Ivan Pavlov/COH (RUS).
we excited to announce that we will be teaming up with Russian-American
film/installation artists Evelyna Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand (
http://www.portablepalace.com ) on the video projection aspect of the
CHESSMACHINE conceptual live performance. expect the metaphysical mixed
with dada.....

 > CD . SPEC.2 / Specification.fifteen with Taylor Deupree [ TBA ] 2004/5

 > PRINT . "L-NExtraction" limited edition of 50 signed/numbered edition
4 color process iris graphic print on archival rives BFK. more details
to come.