Re: [microsound] synth toys (NM)

ndkent;

> I'm sure you know the Nord Modular keyboard. No speaker of course and not
> full set of knobs. That's something recently discontinued in favor of a
> larger unit (that supports current operating systems, something that until
> someone successfully completely reverse engineers the old Nord is going to
> be a real issue unless you still use Win98  or OS9)

I´m not sure about the Mac side of things, but the nord´s OS *should* run
fine under XP. In fact I edit mine from my laptop under XP and often have
the editor open during live performances with which I mean to say that it´s
stable enough that i´d risk my reputation on in. I accidently happen to know
one of the nord modular´s aplha testers and i can tell you he uses his own
pair of micro modulars from a XP desktop too.

The only side effect of running it under XP that i know off is that it
remembers it´s midi port setting better if you set the program to run in
this "compatibility mode", apart from that you should be fine. I also know
that a p90 with a minimal configuration of win98 can handle the Nord´s
editor so a pc emulation might be a option for OS X users that want to edit
a Nord?

Hope that is of some help to somebody.....

Yours,
Kas.