Re: [microsound] microsound in Hong Kong?

i remember asking the same questions a little while ago. as far as i remember, there is a record store on the kowloon side (i think it's in mong kok) called zoo records, which is in a shopping mall down the bottom in some tiny space... probably the best records i managed to find in hong kong. experimental music and post-rock fare as well... however, not much different to what you'd probably find back home. there's also another store in kowloon, the name of which i can't remember right now... it's pretty great and stocks a bunch of local experimental/interesting releases, as well as having the biggest stocked collection of muslimgauze i'd ever seen in one place. as for bands, they tend to float past very sporadically (mostly expat business jerks putting on very sparse little shows)... i met some great kids who made cool stuff on their computers, but hey, who knows where the rest are?

good luck,
jon.

ii / scissors for sparrow / fibonacci
users.tpg.com.au/adslalnw

Hello, I'll be going to Hong Kong this summer and I'm wondering if
anyone has any recommendation on where to have a microsound or
experimental music experience while I'm there.  Any record shops or
venues that would be good to check out?  Any other off the beaten path
recommendation would be appreciated as well.