Re: [microsound] Golden Ratio and Music...Help!

hi

( 04.07.23 08:48 -0700 ) Curtis Cousins:
> Well, I am very well knowledged in Music Theory, so if anybody can
> find a way to explain this to me in Music Theory composition terms (or
> other related ways)

it is just a ratio. you have to map it to different sonic dimentions. it
is most often used in time relationships. if the start of the piece is 0
and the end is 1 the climax occurs at the golden section [0.618]. but
there's no reason you couldn't use it on pitch [440Hz * 0.618 =~ 272Hz
(271.92)].

> please tell me or send me a link to a site that explains the
> relationship to music and the golden ratio in-depth.

a simple google search can do wonders:
"golden section" music

--