Re: [microsound] O.T.: J.Cage in a quiz show

>hello to microsounders
>please, i need some help:
>In 1958, John Cage visited Milan and composed a tape version of his
>earlier composition Fontana Mix by using random numbers to determine the
>length of the tape segments. While there, Cage distinguished himself by
>appearing on an Italian television quiz show "Lascia o raddoppia",
>correctly answering questions about mushrooms.
>Someone can give me info or better the video of Cage in the quiz-show?
>thanks
>urkuma

i fear there's no (audio/video) recordings of that transmission. as i work
for the italian national radio rai, i have access to the radio and
television archives. some years ago i looked for those recordings, as i had
in mind a special programme on john cage, but there's no documentation of
the event. at that time there was no habit to record every transmission,
also the people of the quiz-show had no idea of who john cage was, he was
treated like a sort of mad/eccentric weirdo.
you can just find the whole transcription of the chat between cage and mike
bongiorno (the host of the show) on a special issue of the italian
audio-magazine sonora entirely dedicated to cage (that's actually a reissue
of an article published on the countercultural magazine gong in 1975 by a
man called carlo bertocci who had the audio-recordings on cassette. fiy i
was also able to reach and contact him, who's now a quite well-known
painter, but he had almost no memory of that and had apparently lost the
tape).
so, no way!
ciao + best,
nic

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

{ { d i s c o g r a p h y } }

z_e_l_l_e | nth | line (http://www.12k.com) aug 2001
z_e_l_l_e | rjctd::nw | cubicfabric
(http://www.cubicmusic.com/fabric/index.html) nov 2003
"zen enlightenment lifts life energy" on tu M'p3 (http://www.tu-m.com) jan 2002
"shayozoku" on tu M'p3 (http://www.tu-m.com) sept 2002
"tief herz" on lib. (http://www.cubicmusic.com/fabric/index.html) june 2003
"rjctd 11" on netmage 04 @ the wire 239 (http://www.netmage.it) or
(http://www.thewire.co.uk) jan 2004

UPCOMING

"kitanai" on star6_789' v.2 (http://www.star6789.tk/) TBA

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

REVIEWS http://www.12k.com/line/linepress.htm

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

"battiti"
daily radio programme (12:00am) on rai-radio3 ::
third channel of italian national broadcasting company
http://www.radio.rai.it/radio3/battiti/index.cfm

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

columnist on:
"blow up" (monthly) http://www.blowupmagazine.com