[microsound] (OT) Query about music systems

Sorry to go off-topic on something only perhaps tangentially related
to the list, but I've been doing a fair bit of research on the idea of
getting a new audio system.  Is anyone here into high end equipment?
I'm curious about what people think are the best components for
listening to this and similar kinds of music (electroacoustic,
improvised music, etc.)  If you're inclined, please reply to me
off-list.  thanks in advance.