Re: [microsound] Gentoo for MacOS

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:23, Michal Seta wrote:
> Kim Cascone <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > http://www.metadistribution.org/macos/
>
> ... and what is it exactly?  I don't have a MacOSX and the webpage is
> rather minimalistic in terms of info...
>
> Thanks.

Gentoo is a highly configurable Linux distribution, THE choice for
slightly more advanced users, I might dare to state. It gives you an
unprecedented control over your system, optimising the software for your
specific setup, allowing you to define precisely what goes into the
system and what not.

see http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml for more info.

The port to OS X unleashes the power of all the nice Unix-applications
that never quite ran on OS X.

Cheers,

Niklas
--