Re: [microsound] OT: virus attachments from your own e-mail address

Change the password on your juno account?

But actually, it's probably not even your email address that the emails are coming from. Many viruses "spoof" email addresses so as to appear to be coming from somewhere they're not. So you may just have to wait till it stops.

You could also maybe set up your and-oar email addy to strip attachments from your juno addy.

Hello everyone. Apologies for the OT post. For the past week, I've been receiving various e-mails from some sorry soul with nothing better to do, than use my Juno e-mail address to send suspicious file attachments to my and-oar e-mail address. Does anyone know of a special trick to remedy this? Since it's my own e-mail address, I would obviously like to not mark it as spam or block it.

And I suppose I could keep deleting them until whoever it is, has a karmic sledgehammer fall upon their head, but I would like to remedy this sooner than that. ;-)

Thanks very much, Dale

SDF Public Access UNIX System
http://www.freeshell.org/
Geekier than you since 1987.