Re: [microsound] OT: virus attachments from your own e-mail address

Thanks Phill. What I should have said is that someone or **something** has been emulating my other e-mail address from another third party source, but I was in a hurry last night.

Ironically, just a week or so before this activity began, Monsieur Patrick McGinley was explaining to me how emulating can be done. So, I was just looking to see if anyone else encountered this and knew of a solution. For now, I'll just keep deleting them.

 In fact, I just got another one...  :-\

Best, Dale

Phil Thomson <philthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Change the password on your juno account?

But actually, it's probably not even your email address that the emails
are coming from. Many viruses "spoof" email addresses so as to appear to
be coming from somewhere they're not. So you may just have to wait till it
stops.

You could also maybe set up your and-oar email addy to strip attachments
from your juno addy.