[microsound] text to sound conversion

Dear people,

This is something I came across several times already
- the conversion from text to sound.
With this I do not mean the direct text-to-speech
conversion, but the translation from text to sound as
a data type conversion (i.e. the sound is an
unpredictable translation of the given text).

So far, I didn't find any kind of software that
executes this operation (apart from Akira Rabelais'
"Argeïphontes Lyre" - but it doesn't seem to work in
my hands).

Can somebody give me some names of other (Mac)
software that is capable of this kind of conversion?

Thanks,

Steffan