RE: [microsound] muslimgauze

Bryan's relationship to Arab culture was obscure. He was obviously
very moved by the history & current events from the Middle East, but
this,
from what I know, was based only on headlines and books. He supposedly
never had any contact with people or groups who shared this cause.

I can't think of anyone else who musically bridges the West with the
Middle
East in quite the same way. Some Lebanese music, which I enjoy immensly,

is a clear sysnthesis, but is far closer to pop than electronic.

But even with pop music in the west you can increasingly find more
Arabic undertones...like, gulp, Ms.Spears uber-hitsong 'Toxic', or
Beyonce's 'Naughty' which (to me) both have undeniable Middle Eastern
feels at times, but hardly the impact or personal/politcal awareness of
Muslimgauze.

It would be fascinating to hear more collaborative efforts mixing
traditional Arabic scales/rhythm with our own ambient/micro\glitch.

Will you publish your article to the list when complete??

-R