Re: [microsound] High sampling rates/Bit depths

> Many open-source and free programs have no problem with 24-bit files
> (or 32-bit for that matter).
> Stop throwing your money away. ;-)

Well, I do have plenty of freeware, but occasionally I do something novel like
actually BUY software!  ;-)

So when mastering a disc compilation, has anyone encountered trouble with the
tracks being various bit rates? So far, the only times I've encountered sound
files being over 16 bits, was maybe once or twice and I had to request 16 bit versions in
those situations because of the previously mentioned problems.

Best, Dale