[microsound] STEIM Workshop Oct 21 - 24

Workshop:
“Emergent Content Creation Using Simple Genetic Algorithms”
	STEIM - Amsterdam Oct 21 - 24 2004
Instructor: Kim Cascone

for this workshop you will need to bring:
- a laptop (XP, Mac OSX, or Linux)
- an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi card
- audio software you like to work with
- a web browser
- a chat client
- willingness to work in a group structure
- your imagination and enthusiasm

	in this workshop each participant acts as a active node in a creative
network using technologies such as TWiki and chat. Using software you
normally use we will embark on an experiment to breed a piece of audio
art. We will evolve a sound piece starting with a library of sound
files provided by the .microsound list and then will mutate and
cross-breed them until a work of sonic art emerges. The final piece
will then be performed for the public by the group at the end of the
workshop.

* Please sign up soon for this workshop as space is limited.

Contact: Robert Van Heumen - robert@xxxxxxxx
Online Registration: http://www.steim.org/steim/workshops.php
Workshop TWiki site:
http://www.anechoicmedia.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/SteimWorkshop