Re: [microsound] the great depression of experimental music?

A few parts of this discussion have caught my eye...

Might as well sprinkle a few comments about my own relationship to these
issues.

Re: artists making music for other artists, with no other audience...

Those of you subjected to my spam about my series Field Effects know it's
been going on a few years.

this wasnt really a point we were disputing,,, live performances have a completely different set of rules
than selling cds,,,, because for the most part,,, you can get a crowd, (easier for smaller cities than bigger ones)
to come enjoy great live experimental music,,,, but this doesnt mean that they are fans or supporters of
experimental music as a whole,,, more or less they are supporters of the local scene. which is great,, but i dont
think that they can fit into the discussion of "composers are the primary fans" debate...

and please dont anyone get me wrong, i think what aaron has done/does with the field effects series is beautiful
and one of the best places/atmospheres i have ever played at.... but the truth is its much easier to get people to
come out to social event than to support a the community.

j.frede