Re: [microsound] OT: CDR sound quality

> level and any reasonable
> quality contemporary CD player should have no
> problem playing a reasonable
> quality contemporary CDR without post-error
> correction errors in the data!

Yeah, but if you have a piece of sh*te player instead
of a "resonable quality contemporary" then you're
screwed. ;-)

sorry, aaron, not meaning to pick on you. Just bitter
that a still have a couple of old pieces around the
house that don't recognize CDRs. ;-)

> *overall* is that most
> labels will pay a mastering engineer to make a
> recording sound
> "louder and fatter" -- not because the medium of
> pre-mastered CDR
> naturally sounds "quieter and thinner!"

Yep. I agree, mastering engineers are the root of all
evil. ;-)

lance
who has lost all sense of the seriousness of the
discussion at hand - apologies