Re: [microsound] OT: CDR sound quality

> prrof on my part, but when i said premaster CD, i
> meant the one
> that was made by the mastering engineer to give to
> the plant.
> somehow the one from the plant sounded louder and
> better to me
> than the one i'd been listening to.

I would be wary hear of the plant you are using. I
have known some plants 'boosting' or 'normalizing' the
sound (especially of quiet music). They can also
correct phase errors (which is bad if you intended
those errors). Most plants will ask before 'touching
up' materials in this way, but not all.

lance