Re: [microsound] the great myth about Anomalous, CDs and CDRs

On Sep 24, 2004, at 4:10 PM, Dale Lloyd wrote:

Anomalous (first the distro and now the label),

Ok, first of all Anomalous Records (the distribution) did not close due to financial
trouble. It was due to stress and other personal issues. The distribution side was doing
the best business it ever had when Eric decided to close it last year. The label is
now closing due to what Eric terms "a lack of interest in his releases."

I had friends w/ labels through anonamolous who were selling quite well. the one time I asked Eric about distributing a more idm type of label he seemed kinda rude. it was an odd conversation actually because I was like oh that's cool you don't distribute idm and he was still being quite rude, but regardless a lot of microsound stuff sells quite well. There's a lot more folks entrenched into experimental than electronic.

-